MARKETING + SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Location: Houston, TX 77098
MIRTH is looking for a creative and experienced marketing manager to handle all aspects of the brand's marketing, with an emphasis on MIRTH's presence on social media, focusing on engagement, growth and brand storytelling. This position will also be responsible for: general media organization, maintenance and file keeping; website and blog maintenance and posting; events and activations; assisting in paid advertising efforts; ideation and execution of photoshoots. This candidate will take ownership of and manage all aspects of MIRTH's digital marketing experience, content creation and social media health, and carry through brand aesthetic and voice throughout. This candidate will also assist with paid social and paid search. The ideal candidate has an interest in graphic design, content creation, customer engagement, copywriting, event planning, project management, visual storytelling and fashion styling. Strong organization and planning skills are required, as well as an artful eye. Candidate must be understanding of the nuances of working for a small and independent business and come ready with vision and scrappiness, and must have willingness to innovate, manage up and be resourceful.
- Photographing life at MIRTH for general use on MIRTH social media and website: behind the scenes, daily happenings and events, teasing product launches, product round-ups, styling looks, etc.
- Concepting and implementing compelling content by using engaging visual storytelling and innovative creative to increase brand presence and engage with consumers on social media.
- Keeping our mission and values incorporated into digital content
- Outward facing appearance on MIRTH’s social channels is required, which might include try-ons, interviews and product presentations
- Working with team to gather content, and coordinate content across platforms
- Managing internal photo and content organization
- Basic photo editing
- Implement community building strategies on digital platforms
- Developing and executing a social media plan, strategy and calendar, and working alongside founders to align with product launches
- Spearheading brand partnerships and coordinating with other brands on giveaways, etc.
- Creating and implementing Pinterest strategy
- Responding to all social media comments and requests in accordance with brand standards, and working with customer service to seamlessly ensure a positive customer experience
- Creating and implementing customer relationship programs: birthday program, ambassador program, etc.
- Researching, budgeting, planning for and executing photoshoots
- Engaging with customers and other brands on social media
- Potential for travel for photoshoots
- Handling social media data and metrics reporting and strategizing based on content performance
- Website upkeep
- Responsible for growing the brand and audience on social media
- Creating, writing and organizing blog posts on the MIRTH website, aligned with social/email marketing campaigns
- Organizing and maintaining all media files and records
- Assisting in management of paid search and paid social; Google AdWords and Analytics knowledge is required
- Required weekly retail help for showroom appointments
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in a professional work environment for at least 2 years; experience in a professional social media position required
- Creative degree or related experience a plus
- Moderate graphic design and photography skills
- Brings new ideas to the table with action plan for implementation
- Ability to self start and manage up
- Strong project management skills
- Friendly, positive, helpful disposition, enthusiasm for work and flexibility
- Strong planning & organization skills
- Good knowledge of social media platforms, especially Instagram and Facebook, and social media planning apps, like Planoly
- Adequate Photoshop or other photo editing software knowledge
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of American grammar and punctuation standards
- Enthusiasm for creative marketing ideas
- Willing to work with limited resources at a small, self-funded business with limited structure
- Ability to identify and willingness to step in and help in any aspect of the business, even if outside of job description
- Sense of the MIRTH aesthetic and voice and willingness to carry it throughout work
- Meets deadlines & takes notes
- Proactively asks questions & observes to learn the job without official training
- Candidate must display good judgment and carry MIRTH ideals whether on or off duty
- Must understand and carry through our customer service standards, brand vision, point of view and aesthetic
- Core values align with ours: kindness, honesty, integrity, ambition, creativity and respect for all beings
- Discretion, good judgement, honesty and high moral standards are a must
- Google Analytics and AdWords knowledge base
This position is in a working environment that values and prioritizes the wellbeing of all team members.
To apply: email pr @ mirthcaftans.com with your resume and links to social media accounts or personal projects.
We're excited to hear from you!
MIRTH Caftans LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to having a diverse and broadly trained staff, and welcome and encourage individuals from all communities to apply.